Saturday, February 6, 2010

UPDATE:cookie recipe

I suddenly decided I needed to share the recipe of the cookies I was making with the world. It makes a huge amount of wonderful cookies, and is extremely easy to make. I printed it off allrecipes.com years ago, but have modified it to my family's tastes.

Monster Cookies

1 cup butter 1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter 2 cups brown sugar (today I used cane sugar)
2 cups white sugar 4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla 4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt 4 cups rolled oats (I usually mix in some wheat bran)
2 cups chocolate chips 1 cup M & M's

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with Pam. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and oats; stir into sugar mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and M&M's. (This is where you can go crazy. Use peanut butter chips, or nuts, or anything else you can dream up.)
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 11 - 13 minutes until edges are golden brown.

Perfect for cold winter days!

No comments:

Post a Comment